Board of Directors
Make PayPal Payment
N.E.W. had 25 organizations submit for the 2012 N.E. W. Grant Program. Although many of the organizations are certainly worthy of support, the following recipients were the ones chosen by the committee. The James House, St. Joseph’s Villa, Strategies to Elevate People, and National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI –Central VA) each received $1,500. Art 180, the YWCA, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), and Hospital Hospitality House each received $1,000. That's a total of $10,000 in grants! The grant committee felt these recipients not only complimented the N.E.W. mission but also submitted all of the proper information according to our criteria. The grants were presented at the February and March luncheons. Those who served on the 2012 grant committe were Dr. Deidra Whittle, Cathy Turner, Terry Sherman, Shari Himelbloom, Barbara Basl and Cindy Creasy.We congratulate these organizations and thank those who served on the committee for all of their hard work.
Network of Enterprising Women's mission statement includes the following goals:
- making a difference in the community through group projects and valuable contributions, and
- enhancing both the community and quality of life in the Greater Richmond area
The Network of Enterprising Women (N.E.W.) is pleased to be able to give back to the community in which we all work and live. We are happy to be able to award grants and donations that support the mission of N.E.W. in the Greater Richmond and surrounding areas.
Here is the 2013 N.E.W. Grant Application in two formats:
Network of Enterprising Women
Grant Committee Guidelines and Process
Grant Committee’s Duties and Objective:
· Establish criteria for the award of grants
· Develop and review procedures for the evaluation of grant requests
· Review, investigate and verify grant requests
· Make recommendations to the Board for the award of grants based on the committee’s findings.
· Notify those organizations of their awards, post recipients’ names on the N.E.W. website and contact all organizations which submitted applications with the final results.
The guidelines for consideration for grant funding of proposed or existing projects include the following:
1. The objectives or mission of the prospective recipient must align with the Network Of Enterprising Women’s mission.
2. Consideration will be given to organizations that serve women and children.
3. Consideration will be given based on the number of individuals impacted by the funding.
4. Grant requests cannot exceed $1,500.
5. The organization must be a 501c3 non-profit organization or sponsored by a 501c3 if their status is pending.
6. All requests must be submitted each year even if your organization has received funding in the past.
7. All recipients must agree to submit a summary within six month of their award demonstrating how the funds were used and how effective or beneficial the N.E.W. Grant was to their project, goal or mission.
Guidelines and Process:
1. Time Frame: Applications for consideration of grant funds are due by January 15th of each year. The Grant Committee will review the application, check references and sources etc. and make recommendations to the Board by January’s Board meeting. The grants will be presented to the recipients at the N.E.W. March and April luncheons.
2. Grant RequestApplication: The application and all the requested information must be submitted together in one packet, postmarked by January 15, 2013 and sent to:
N.E.W. /Philanthropic Chair
P.O. Box 8584
Richmond, VA 23226